Pages

Friday, February 21, 2014

By The Tide Birthday Card

Good Friday to all of you, I hope you are all doing well and stamping too!

The next three weeks I have family birthday cards coming due.  You've seen the two that I made for my aunts, the one I'm sharing today is for my uncle.  Now I don't know if he is a fisherman but I thought this would make a nice card for him.  I found this card over on Julie Gearinger blog and thought it would make a great card for him.  The only thing different I did on my card was to use Linen Thread as I thought the jute would be to bulky for mailing.

I used Whisper White and Midnight Muse card stock. Ink colors are Pool Party, Marina Mist and Midnight Muse.  Stamp sets are By the Tide and Wetlands (sentiment).  Embossing folder is Woodgrain.  Punches use were, Oval and 3/4" Circle.  Linen Thread was used as faux netting in the corners.  The hardest part is doing the fussy cutting on here.  I used Glue Dots to adhere the Linen Thread with, I cut them in half and then rolled each piece so it would fit under the knots.

Since blue is my favorite color and really like this card and I hope he does too!  Mary

1 comment: