Pages

Monday, February 24, 2014

So Sorry

Well, these are the kind of cards that we don't like to make but are necessary to let our fiends and love ones know that we are thinking of them at a difficult time.  Now I didn't need one, but I thought to myself that I probably should have some made up and on hand when and if I would need one.

I used Deb Valder's card that I found HERE.  I did do mine different then hers.  I used the Hardwood background stamp instead of an embossing folder.  I also used a smaller sentiment as I wanted my background to be more visible on the card front.


I also wanted to try using Crumb Cake for the lattice instead of Whisper White, I think on the next one I will try Whisper White for the lattice.  Do you see the Basic Pearls in the center of the Petite Petals, I colored those with a BIC (Peach Parfait) marker.  I stamped the flowers using Blushing Bride.  I used the Bird Builder Punch for the leaves.  The background is Soft Sky and the ink is Crumb Cake.  For the sentiment is used So Sorry stamp and the flowers are Petite Petals.  Punches are Petite Petal and the larger oval punch, oh, and of course the Chevron punch, which is used on two pieces of card stock, that when done punching you have the arrows going in opposite directions and interlock them to form the lattice.  It's not a hard card to make and it makes me long for spring too!!  Mary

No comments: