Pages

Friday, February 14, 2014

Hardwood

Happy Valentine's Day!!  I hope you all have a great day celebrating with your favorite person too!

I'm going to share a card with you today made with the background stamp, Hardwood.  When I first saw this in the Occasion catalog, I was thinking, "why do I need another wood grain product"?  After seeing how some of the demonstrators have used it with different color for the background color, I changed my mind.  Now I'm on the fence with this card.  The flag color is Tempting Turquoise, but it doesn't look like it.  I used Crumb Cake card stock to emboss the image with clear embossing powder.  Then I used the ink colors of Crumb Cake and Tempting Turquoise to sponge the image.  Now as I was sponge on my colors, I picked up, by accident, some Real Red off my grid paper.  So if you see some pink on this, that is why.  Who knew?!


I used the Deco Labels to cut out the You're Lovely stamp and then cut out a Crumb Cake one to layer underneath it.  Color the flowers with a blender pen and added some pearls.

So it's not the best but I still like that background stamp, will try it again with a different color.

Thanks for stopping by and have a piece of chocolate for me too!  Mary

1 comment:

Brenda Quintana said...

Soooo pretty!!!! I just got the hardwood stamp and I just love how you antiqued it. I'm going to have to try this. :)