Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Cheesy Corn Bake

Hi everyone!!! Sorry for the long delay in posting, things have been very busy at my house the last couple of days, but don't worry I haven't forgotten you! I thought today I would share a recipe since it's been awhile since I posted one. I think you could use this one for the upcoming Memorial Day week-end with all the BBQ'ing that will be going on. It is the official start of the summer, YES!! I found this recipe in a Theta cookbook and my oldest daughter really likes it.

Cheesy Corn Bake

2 Tablespoons butter
4 Tablespoons flour
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder, I think fresh would work just fine too
3/4 cup milk
1 1/2 cups sharp Chedder cheese, shredded
4 slices of American cheese
1- 3 ounce package cream cheese, cubed
3- 10 ounce packages frozen whole kernel corn, thawed and drained
3 ounces diced ham

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In large pan, melt butter. Stir in flour and garlic powder. Add milk gradually. Stir over medium heat until thick and bubbly. Add cheeses. Stir over low heat until cheeses are melted. Add corn and ham. If it is too thick, than add more milk, alittle at a time, until desired consistency. Pour into a 2 quart greased casserole dish. Bake for 45 minutes. Serves 10.

Can easily be halved.

Hope you enjoy it!


Mary

2 comments:

Create With Christie said...

I love your blog...very inspiring. I have details about my Big Shot Quilt class I can email you but can't find your email.

christie daugherty
www.stampshacklady.blogspot.com
cdhdaugherty@suddenlink.net

Chanda said...

Sounds yummy, Mary! I've never had this with ham in it before!