Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Tangy Buttermilk Cheese Bread


Okey dokey...here is the recipe for the cheese bread that I spoke about in my post yesterday. My whole family LOVES this bread and I like the fact that it is so easy to make with help of a bread machine! I like it toasted with some butter melted on it and I've even made Grilled Cheese sandwiches with it too, very good with a hot bowl of Ham Bone soup..hmm...I may need to post that recipe too! It makes a 1 1/2 pound loaf.

Tangy Buttermilk Cheese Bread

1 1/8 cup buttermilk at room temperature
3 cups bread flour
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar
3/4 to 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast

Place ingredients in bread machine pan in the order suggested by the manufacturer. Select White Bread setting on your machine. Press start. When bread is done, turn loaf out of pan and let cool on a wire rack.
To bake bread in oven: select dough or manual cycle. Once cycle is complete, shape dough and place in a greased loaf pan. Allow to rise in a warm spot until doubled in size. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 35 to 45 minutes. Turn bread out of pan and cool on a wire rack.

I would suggest that if you don't eat all of the bread in a couple of days to store any leftovers in the refrigerator so that it doesn't get moldy. I found this recipe on
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Tangy-Buttermilk-Cheese-Bread/Detail.aspx Enjoy!!

2 comments:

Carole'Anne AKA Stampin Stressaway said...

yhum I need tot ry this
whow I love recipe sharing
thank you Mary
PS your Molly is just beautiful by the way!
I think labs are just wonderful doggies and I am sure that Samantha is wonderful!
I giggled at your statement about Bella
they are precious uh?

Chanda said...

Yum! Cheese! Bread! Cheesy Bread! Sounds delish! This low carb diet is for the birds! LOL! Your recipe sounds great though! :)