Pages

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Paper Rose Favor


Happy Mother's Day!

As promised yesterday, here is a picture of the rose that I made out of paper! Now don't look to close as you will see that it is not perfect, hey it's my first attempt and I thought it came out pretty good! You can find the directions here:
http://creationsonpaper.blogspot.com/2010/03/flower-tutorial.html
Now the directions say to put it thru a crimper and mist it with water, both of which I didn't do. What I did do is use a really thin, cheap piece of cardstock, the kind that you buy in pre-packaged at the big craft stores. Then I took the full sheet of cardstock, 8.5 by 11, and ran it over the edge of my work table about 10 times to help break down the fibers in the paper. I cut it into 2.25 inch strips and then ran those over the edge of the table again, oh about 5 times. I then punched out 5 flowers with Stampin Up, Extra Large Fancy Flower. I then followed the directions the rest of the way. Now, you really should take your time (not like me and be in a hurry) and let the glue try and WASH your hands before you assemble the flower. Oh one thing I did do, I also used a hole punch to make holes in the whole flower pieces. I do need to find a small item to wrap the smaller petals around, I'm thinking a skewer would work for that as I don't have a piercing tool like the directions show. I use the wing from the Two-Step Bird punch to make my leaves for the rose, I like the size better. Take some ink on a sponge dabber and sponge the edges of your rose petals to add some depth.

I ran some clear acetate along with my Sizzix pillow die thru my Big Kick and made a small container to place my rose on. I used a glue dot for this one, but I think you need to attach it better if you are going to give them as a little gift or for party/table favors. Use a piece of ribbon to tie it shut; fill it before; I didn't have anything to fill it with. You can click on the picture to see it better. I'm hoping the next one will turn out better, if it does I will share it with you. Give them a try, they really are not that hard to make

2 comments:

Chanda said...

I think your rose came out great, Mary! This is really pretty! Great job! Happy Mother's Day!

Laurie Zoellmer said...

This is sooooooooo pretty! Thanks for sharing ;)