Pages

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Cool Whip Fruit Salad

I'm going to share with you a recipe that I came up with on my own. I found a salad recipe on allrecipes.com called Orange Cream Fruit Salad, but didn't like the fact that I only needed 2 tablespoons of frozen orange juice concentrate and the only size of the juice I could find was huge (I didn't want to waste it)! So I came up with this salad and everytime I make it, it is gone within three days, that is with only three of us eating it, if you take to a gathering, it will probably be gone. We really like it and I hope you do to!

Cool Whip Fruit Salad

1- 3.5 ounce package INSTANT vanilla pudding mix
1 1/2 cups milk
1- 20 ounce can pineapple tidbits, drained
1- 15 ounce can fruit cocktail, drained (I like the very cherry flavored kind)
1- 15 to 20 ounce can mandarin orange segments, drained
1/2 tub (8 ounce size) Cool Whip, thawed*
1/2 bag (10.5 ounce size) mini-marshmallows, you can add more
2- 10 ounce jars maraschino cherries, drained, no stems

In a medium mixing bowl, combine pudding mix and milk. Add Cool Whip and fold in. Than add the drained fruit and marshmallows, mixing well. Cover and refrigerate for two hours before serving.

*Thaw your Cool Whip in the refrigerator, that way if you don't need all of it, you can re-freeze it, according to what I read on the container.

You could add slice bananas and apples, but know that after a day they will turn brown in the salad.

1 comment:

Chanda said...

Mmmmm, mmmmmm! That sounds so good!