Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Marquee Messages Birthday

Oh, I'm a bad mother-in-law, I forgot to get my son-in-law's birthday card in the mail so that he would receive it on time.  Do I get points for mailing it ON his birthday, lol?!

I pulled out a stamp set that they gave to us at OnStage 2016 in Salt Lake City this pass April.  At first I was not too impressed with it, but the more cards I see made with it, I'm beginning to like it more and using it more too.

For the card stock I used Island Indigo, Tempting Turquoise, Tangelo Twist-retired, and Whisper White.  For the little light bulbs and stars, I used yellow Stickles because I like how it looks, makes me think of actual light bulbs!


In hindsight, I should have done something for the message in the middle, but since I was late to begin with in getting his card to him, I didn't want to take a chance on messing up what I already had going.  I did fussy cut out the three separate pieces and layered them.  I think the color combination goes well together.  Anyway, I know he will like the cash that is on the inside!!

Hope to see you Friday.    Mary

No comments: