Pages

Friday, August 10, 2012

I am A Pattern Mixing Pro

Hi everyone!  I hope that your day is going as well as mine is, it did cool off, some, but not much. 



Today I want to share a project that was a class that I took at convention, called I am A Pattern Mixing Pro.  Now I did get some good tips and ideas, but no way I'm I a pro either.  Now I didn't finish this in the class because I didn't want my flowers to get smashed in my suitcase, so I finished it when I got home.  I think it turned out really cute and decided to hang it in one of our bathrooms, one that doesn't get too much use anymore now that the girls are out of the house, so I don't have to worry about the humidity ruining it either. 
All items except the paint, sponge brush and canvas are from Stampin' Up!

Canvas is 9" by 12"
Paint is Plaid-Sky Blue
Stamp: Distressed Dots, Lacy & Lovely
Ink: Rose Red and Tangerine Tango
White Craft ink
Designer Series Paper; First Edition Specialty, Polka Dot Parade, Summer Smooches and Floral District
Card stock: Baja Breeze, Daffodil Delight, Lucky Limeade, Rose Red and Whisper White
Scallop Circle punches: 1 1/4", 1 3/4" and 2 3/8"
Blossom Petal Builder (leaves), Boho punch
Natural Designer Buttons
Linen thread
Tombow Multi-purpose glue
sponge brush

I think I got everything posted for this project, it was actually quite fun to make!              Mary

3 comments:

Margaret said...

What a fabulous piece of art! Did you spray it with some kind of sealant after you finished it. Would like to try something like this.

Chanda said...

This is reallllllly cute, Mary! You did an awesome job! Matches your room perfectly!

Paper Patti said...

This turned out great!